Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

my vector windshield testing

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
fusionfab
The new guy
The new guy

my vector windshield testing

Well its more so playing around. I have different ideas floating around in my head. I'd really like to do a full fiberglass shield as seen on a couple other builds where their glassed right to the deck. But I found a piece of Lexan laying around from previous hydroplane builds so I thought I'd give it a try. I did using the corner as that part of the windshield to me anyways seemed the most intricate. I didn't cut it out too evenly though. Just traced out w/a crayon and used a quick cutting wheel. Now my other concern hopefully others can share is if I shaped the original with Lexan to the exact size and cut is it going to be a different size? Something tells me I'd have to do it twice to get the original size? Am I on the right track.

I'd have no problem doing the whole windshield in one piece as I just used large powder coating oven. But any advice would be great.
Attachments
image-10.jpeg
image-10.jpeg (769.77 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
image-7.jpeg
image-7.jpeg (777.32 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
image-8.jpeg
image-8.jpeg (794.06 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
image-9.jpeg
image-9.jpeg (782.12 KiB) Viewed 2754 times

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: my vector windshield testing

That's cool :up: I don't think it would have to bee the exact same size, I bet you could be off by 1/4-1/2" and not notice it.

One thing I have been thinking about is to have the front of the windshield go through the deck and mount on the bottom side. That way just the "glass" comes through. I bet it would look killer.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
fusionfab
The new guy
The new guy

Re: my vector windshield testing

Thanks 77Viper.
That is a good idea about the bottom going through the deck.
I'm still tying to figure out and make a decision about how I want to or "try" to do this. I really like a couple of the full wrap around fiberglass ones I've seen. But then there's a part of me that wants it to have its "stock" appearance.
However if I were glass all around would I reinstall the old windshield and top frame and glass right over it? Or best to make a separate mold?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post