Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

just took the boat out

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

just took the boat out

I just took the boat out (well it is still in the water behind my house)- since Ronnie put the nose cone on the lower unit, I raised the motor, put a new prop on it- it has gone faster- last time I went 54 mph- this time I went 63.1 mph- that was wide open and I was adjusting the trim and the jack plate at 63 and the boat started to chine walk again during the adjustment, I tried steering back and forth during the chine walk and it did not improve- so I let off on the gas when the boat leveled out I would get on it again. I really think I need a trim gauge and a jack plate gauge. If I had both of them I could start out at the same spot I was running the fastest and adjust from there. I am going to try again after lunch- right now the water has a chop to it. I think I am riding on the "pad" because the only part of the boat that is spraying water is the way back by the transom. I wish I had somebody to watch me and let me know what they see- or video tape it. I think after today I am going to see Ronnie and let him "tune" the motor. He claims with his adjustments the boat will go alot faster. We will see. :boating:

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: just took the boat out

9 mph increase is pretty good, but still a loooong way to go. The boat can be much faster. You must still have the propshaft pretty far below the pad.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

transomstand wrote:9 mph increase is pretty good, but still a loooong way to go. The boat can be much faster. You must still have the propshaft pretty far below the pad.
Hi, I was thinking the prop is still to low, I can raise the motor up one more hole on the jack plate- after that I am going to have to raise the jack plate mount on the boat- I thought if I am measuring correctly with the way it is set up now I am about 3 inches below the bottom- but I could be wrong. I know to most of Hydro Stream world out there that 63 isn't really that fast - but to me its alot- I feel safer on my jetski doing 70 than on this boat- I guess its an aqiured feel. I think the more I use it the better it will feel. So I will keep going out on it . Right now I need more gas- this thing is a pig on fuel. :mrgreen:

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Yep, being that low will hold down your speed, and also contribute to chinewalk. When you move the propshaft up to near level with the bottom, the boat will really wake up. Nothing wrong with taking your time, and getting a feel for the boat. Running a weight bag with about 35-40 lbs of ballast on the left side would help you balance it too.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post