Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

First stream

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
kyle dooling
The new guy
The new guy

First stream

Just bought my first stream.. Its a 86 valero.. Has a mariner 200.. was wondering how to get the best performance out of what i have????

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: First stream

Post up some pics and info! What prop are you running? What's your prop height, setback, top speed and rpm? What are your goals? A ton of good info and great guys here, help us help you ;)

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

Topic Author
kyle dooling
The new guy
The new guy

Just used my vin number found out i have a vegus not a velero.... what is the dif?? And is that good or bad?

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Welcome and congradulations on your Stream. The Vegas is the twenty footer, the Valero 18ft. You will have one of two bottoms, either the Vpad or the XT(tunnel) version.

Here's link to the Vegas but check out the rest of the Knowledge Base for more info.

http://www.hydrostream.org/Specific%20Models/Vegas.htm

Post pics of the business end of your Vegas. You'll get better advice. :up:

Sonik
Regular
Regular

Welcome to the club! :up: The Vegas is a great hull in either configuration. A healthy hull and a 200 set up for top end should net you in the high 80's once you get the setup sorted and get some stick time. Since no-1 else has mentioned it yet, I'll make the obligatory 'Stream core comments......make sure you have a solid boat. Do some research on recores both here and S&F and you'll learn everything you didn't want to know about our beloved boats. The end result of running a water-logged or rotten core at high speeds can lead to catastrophic delamination and a quick trip to the emergency room so knowing what you have is of the utmost importance.

My boat was a perfect example of "don't judge a book by its cover" in that the gel and original 1976 interior were in pristine condition although the balsa core was wet and rotten through and through. Great satisfaction comes from wringing these old steeds out and getting that adrenaline rush we all seek. But make sure you and boat are both up to the task before you do.....solid core, good rigging, seat time, a good jacket, and a lanyard are must-haves. Good luck!

Jeff

1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI

Topic Author
kyle dooling
The new guy
The new guy

How the best way to tell if the core is good? Everything seems real solid Transome is hard as a rock. sat in doors 4 20 years i was told. pit was re painted a crappy blue.. If you bang on the transome it sounds har as a rock.. has a lil spider marks on the paint here and there... The guy i got it from was a boat guy and he told me it wa a slid boat.... What do i check?

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post