Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

fishing hydrostream???

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

fishing hydrostream???

ive basically gutted my entire hull to redo the core and i was thinking, because i like to fish, that i would enjoy my viper with accessories like a trolling motor. i figure if i was gonna do it, i would reinforce the deck with some fiberglass on the underside and figure out a way to put a non marking carpet that can easily be attached when i plan on fishing but can be removed so a nice paint job will show. has anyone ever done this before? if you find this interesting and have any suggestions feel free to post ideas and pics or drawings as i would love to hit a bass tourney in a litttle viper with my 115 tower of power :D i think ot would be a fun little boat that would get lots of use

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: fishing hydrostream???

I'd get a varmint, hooker are a vantage, but if your good with fiberglas work you could make yourself a fishing cap and put on the hull, the vector my brother bought the previous owner was gunna turn it into a fishing boat

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

i never knew these boats existed!! i did a google search of those hulls and the varmint is by far the best looking out of those. Very interesting, i wish i had heard of them before. i must say though, they seem to be rare. the hooker looks like an old cajun.. not good looking at all. the vantage looks okay to me going by google anyway i dont really know about any of them. How rare are those hulls? i dont know that i would even be able to find them. maybe i could try getting creative with some fiberglass and do something to that style with my little viper. it cant get any uglier than it is right now anyway.. thank you for that response man i might look around for one see if someone is interested in a trade

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

there a fishin stream up here in Nasuha NH for sale on Craig List

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

RussF wrote:there a fishin stream up here in Nasuha NH for sale on Craig List
thanks for the heads up man! just checked it out now. not a fan of that bow style myself. but i appreciate the help. still thinking about doing a little custom work to my viper. a flush foot pedal like a modern bass boat, modified dash to step up to the bow maybe. or at least a step in the left side to walk to the bow. and some stands at the rear corners for a second fisherman. got a few small ideas floating in my head right now. i wish there were more varmints running around cheap

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

There was a varmint for sale about a 1/2 mile from my dads that has a inline 150xs on it

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

i dont think i would take the time to travel that far for one. at that point i would settle for something closer

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a Hooker for sale here - http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/boa/3405819233.html

If you click the link "HSF Knowledge Base" at the top of the page there is a ton of info on all the models there.

I have always been a fan of the Varmint. Here is Gregpro50's makeover on his - http://www.hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=612

I actually see a number of them here and there online fore sale. There was a Vantage for sale here not to long ago but dont know if it sold or what.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Hippie459MN wrote:There is a Hooker for sale here - http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/boa/3405819233.html

If you click the link "HSF Knowledge Base" at the top of the page there is a ton of info on all the models there.

I have always been a fan of the Varmint. Here is Gregpro50's makeover on his - http://www.hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=612

I actually see a number of them here and there online fore sale. There was a Vantage for sale here not to long ago but dont know if it sold or what.
oh my god that black and blue varmint came out so nice! maybe ill just do the resto on this boat and look for a clean varmint later.. way cool that theres a bass boat stream. wish i knew

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

i gotta say these are the most boring forums i go to for information. i gotta come on once a month if i wanna see anything new or find an answer.. its dead in here!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post