Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

82 vector

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

82 vector

Hi guys - I wanted your opinions - I was considering buying a 1982 vector- it currently has a 115 merc on it- the owner says the core and the floor were redone 1 1/2 years ago- he has pics to prove it- the boat looks great - it was repainted with new interior gauges, steering etc. -he also says it has always been a fresh water boat- my questions - are these boats better than the vipers (better built etc.) do they handle better than the vipers- I was considering putting an optimax 200 on it (I was originally going to put that motor on my viper ) I think Ive sold the motor off of the vector (one of my friends wants it for his glastron). Also does this boat take a 15 inch shaft or a 20 inch shaft motor? I have not seen the boat in person- I was planning to look at it tomorrow and if it is all good buy it. I just want to go really really fast in Long Island Sound so I figured this boat would be safer than the viper. if so then I will buy this one and sell the viper. What do you guys think??? Thanks :boating:

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 82 vector

Fat Tony wrote: I just want to go really really fast in Long Island Sound
Buy a Fountain with blower motors :)

The Vector will be marginally better, but for the Sound, both boats stink. For the average summer weekend, with every nitwit on the planet blasting around in a 32 foot SeaRay, you're still gonna get your brains beat in.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hi Transomstand, "Buy a Fountain with blower motors" is to easy plus not as much fun to navigate through choppy water. I just figured if this boat was as good as the owner says it is - that it would be safer and more stable than the viper. I have been watching the water for the last couple of weeks and the water has been very very calm- especially when I get home from work (around 530). But you are right about the crowds on the weekend its like amateur hour out there. We will just have to see. I may be moving to PA- I hear they have power boat lakes over there. My fiance just came into a decent amount of money- and we were talking about getting out of NY- the taxes are just to much (real estate). I have to sleep on buying that other boat- I will take a look at it tomorrow and see what happens. :)

Varigeo
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

What part of PA were you thinking about? I live in central PA and have acess to 2 really good lakes for our boats. Plus theres a few more a couple hours away.

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hi Varigeo, I have to ask my fiance-I told her I wanted a little piece of land a couple of acres or so and we either had to live on a lake or live very close to one. I will get back to you on that. I declined the vector- the boat did have the core done I saw the pics (he did a good job) the thing that pushed me away was he said the boat was made for a 20 inch shaft- but at the top of the transom there was a piece of stainless steel C channel going across where the motor bolted on. It was hollow under the steel- so I figured the former owner put that there because the boat was made with a 15 inch transom -and I was looking for a 20 inch shaft transom. So now I am going to keep my viper and start looking for a short shaft motor. :boating:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post