Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

1973 ventura 1

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 1973 ventura 1

gatorstone wrote:where can i get the prop and how do i know the rating of this engine?do you know a i6 guru?how many of the ventura 1's are left i can't find any for sale
Not a lot of Ventura I's around, but they do turn up. Hydrostream was pretty much just an upstart company in those days, so I'm sure the overall production numbers were low, plus many were raced and probably just got plain used up, and went to the scrap yard. Venturas in general were lower volume than the other models. At the dealer I worked for, mine was the only one ever sold, everybody wanted them pointy ones :dunno:

If your motor is newer than 1982, it will be propshaft rated, and similar in performance to the 1500 from the mid seventies, which was flywheel rated.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

varmint1 wrote:Pete why won't a 115 push a varmint that fast

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Isn't the Varmint a good bit heavier?
transomstand

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

What is the hull weight of the Ventura 1, also the 115 we had was a red band so that would explain a lot.

81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

varmint1 wrote:What is the hull weight of the Ventura 1, also the 115 we had was a red band so that would explain a lot.

Ventura I was a little under 600 lbs, Varmint was probably closer to 750-800, and yea, the red stripe 115 would be rated 90 hp today.

Anyway, Venturas are just better :naughty:
transomstand

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

transomstand

Topic Author
gatorstone
The new guy
The new guy

transom stand i have stolen a 1977 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!140 across the board!now what prop do you suggest and still no jack plate?i have my boat split putting new core and transom in all composite.i could make the transom any height it had to be if no jack plate.my transom will extend the full width of the boat and have a monster knee glassed in the center maybe two more in the ears.how fast is this gonna get me i am stoked!

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

26 small ear Chopper should do it, you'll want an overall transom height of about 25".
transomstand

Topic Author
gatorstone
The new guy
The new guy

whats the set up on your boat and how fast is it?do you think i can get 80 out of my set up and is my boat stable at that speed?

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

gatorstone wrote:whats the set up on your boat and how fast is it?do you think i can get 80 out of my set up and is my boat stable at that speed?
The only thing that your boat should have like mine is dual steering, kill switch, and maybe solid motor mounts. Beyond that, the two boats will have nothing in common for setup because the boat's needs are completely different. Do not make the mistake of trying to set it up like a V-6, because it will be a dog. With the larger motor, your goal is to hold the boat down, especially over 90 mph. With the inline, your trying to get the boat up, and get it to fly as much as possible. You want to stick the nose in the air with a lot of trim, if you did that at the higher speeds produced by the V-6, you would only be a crash dummy for life jacket tests.

The inlines make the boat underpowered by todays standards, however, they are a BLAST to drive and are a far more "pure" driving experience. I think a lot of the young guys really missed out on that experience that us old guys had. And yes, 80 is possible but not likely because it would be an all out effort in both work and expense to get there.
transomstand

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

I love these shots of Joe Sauer's boat. This is how we flew them in the old days. Compare that with the shot in my sig pic and you'll see how much flatter we run them now with the bigger motors.

transomstand

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post