Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Vector core

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
scottmcbx
The new guy
The new guy

Vector core

I'm restoring my 1983 Vector.Rotten floor,core stringer,transom removed.Going to put boat back to 100% original configuration.Vectors were not originally designed to carry v-6's,this one will be.I'm going to use 3/4" coosa board for the transom and stringers.1/4" coosa for floor.3 knees to fuse floor to transom.External transom plate.Local fiberglass guy said to use coremat for core.Heres the layup he suggested....1.5 oz-coremat-1.5 oz-1708-1.5 oz.Will this work.My goal is to have a very strong boat and not to use any wood below the floor....After a few more posts I can add photos.Thanx for reading......Scott...........

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Re: Vector core

I would not shy away from a more conventional core like original.. Myself, I did balsa core. I'm not saying I did it the best way, because I might have to do it different next time.. But many boats use a balsa core for a reason, it works well. There are other core options as well, however I'm not very well versed in them. Just a thought.. The transom sounds like it will be strong, maybe use 3 layers of that 3/4 to make it bulletproof. Glad to hear of another restoration.

Topic Author
scottmcbx
The new guy
The new guy

I'm useing 3/4 coosa for the transom and stringers,1/2 coosa for floor,1/2 corecell a-foam for the core.Everything gets wrapped in 1708.Shouls be stong and will never rot.....Scott.......

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Welcome Scott! Good to see another stream being saved. Don't make the mistake of thinking composites don't rot though, they do. And once the rot starts, it's worse than wood. No matter what you use, just make sure it's bedded and sealed well. Have fun with it and post pics as you go!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post