Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Land and sea jackplate

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
HipCat67
The new guy
The new guy

Land and sea jackplate

can anyone tell if this is a hydraulic lift jackplate?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: Land and sea jackplate

Welcome, you probably wont be able to post a pic til you have a few more posts. So what is your setup? power? :up:

Topic Author
HipCat67
The new guy
The new guy

I just bought a 1987 Valero YT bowrider with a 1992 Black max 150 and a custom Hydrostream bunk trailer. Everything seems to be original and is very good/solid condition considering the age. The boat is beautiful with a 'Sunburst' metal flake that almost jumps out of the clearcoat. The trailer is also gold, mint condition with no rust. The motor seems to purr like a kitten at all RPMs.
There is a Land & Sea jack plate between the transom and motor that seems to have an electric motor between the sliding plates. The previous owner didn't mention in at all but then again he didn't even know the stereo worked. the electric motor has a 1/2" very flexible cable running into the stern with the other engine hoses and I have an intermittent on-off-on toggle on the dash that I haven't found a use for as of yet. When I get a chance I'm going to trace that cable back and I'm kind of assuming it will end up at that toggle switch.
Overall, after a couple days out, she handled remarkably well on the river with a GPS speed of 56 (23 pitch prop?). I also hauled it up to the lake and found out that it may be a little much considering the size of the lake. lol

Any info you guys might have regarding the Boat or jackplate would be appreciated (manual, brochures, etc) I already found a service manual for the motor.

TIA!

mitchielpricer
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

well not sure you want to here this but ive have one on a v king 4in back set for 17 years the back set causes to much bow lift which a v king with a 235hp don't need ..the land & sea lift will creap down and will return back to bottom by its self in about 5min if you like cruising thru the no wake with the motor jacked up looking cool its for you other than that they are junk. oh yea I did get the jack plate to hold a lot longer .. dig this take the side 1/8 pipe plug out run the jack up and down 6-7 times leave it up now mix up some heavy duty motorcycle fork oil and 1oz of lucus power steering stop leak pour this into a old style oil pump can with a 1/4 hose extention and fill it up until it runs out put the plug back in work it work it up and down. helped mine a lot.

Topic Author
HipCat67
The new guy
The new guy

Haha Mitch! I can dig it! Where did you come up with the recipe for that cocktail? lol

Update: I found a wire disconnected behind the momentary toggle I mentioned and now the jack plate runs up and down, albeit rather slowly.
There is some sort of plastic liner that separates the two aluminum slides (I assume to keep them from fusing together) that is being pushed out. What kind of lube is recommended for this?

mitchielpricer
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

the liners are sleaves made from nylon there porpose is to allow smooth movement with out any grease or oil and to keep any vibration in the groove under hard running and heavy chop. if the unit dosent sink back down by itself . I would change the lube with bottle jack or floor jack oil.the next heavy weight would be motorcycle fork oil or 5w20 non-detergent or just air compressor oil the 2oz shot of lucus stop leak just helps seal the shaft in the electric bottle jack that's basic what a jack plate is no mistery there. you can lub the nylon sleaves with vasolene

Topic Author
HipCat67
The new guy
The new guy

Land and sea jackplate

Since my last post I pulled the motor and replaced the cable on the jack plate pump because it was rotten and literally disintegrating. I actually had some old harley fork oil on the shelf and the pump is working fine.
Unfortunately I lost one of the nylon sliders. Basically a piece of 1 1/4" irrigation hose sliced lengthwise. Wall thickness is the key here and I have not found anything that will work as of yet. Have you heard any stories of what others have used to replace these obsolete parts?

mitchielpricer
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Land and sea jackplate

wow lots of mcgiver engineering here maybe shave the outside wall tubing with a belt sander make it thinner I believe its nylon may pyx water tubing from the lowes store the Harley fork oil is great good luck gary

Topic Author
HipCat67
The new guy
The new guy

Land and sea jackplate

The Jack plate is now back together and operating on the transom. It turns out that a round silicone tube is the perfect thickness and even molds fairly easily. Lol!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mitchielpricer
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Land and sea jackplate

great you get the monkey dicker award.. ha ha .gary

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post