Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

1983 Hydrostream Voyager

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
terry2
The new guy
The new guy

1983 Hydrostream Voyager

Recently purchased A 83 Voyager with a mercury 200 have a couple questions under power the boat tends to lean to the left and then as you trim it will straighten out also the boat has a hot foot and when I let off the throttle it wants to hook real hard to the left I was told these boats need to balance the weight out? Also is there a way to get around the steering cables old ride guide system without having to put a whole new rack in. Thanks for the help

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bill6ft6
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 1983 Hydrostream Voyager

surprised more knowledgable folks haven't responded to you. what you are experiencing is normal torque from the propeller. it will change with speed and trim angle. friend and i were playing around at about a 50 mph cruise and could steer the boat left or right with just trim adjustments. a tab on the skeg will help some, but you have to learn your boats characteristics and be ready to adjust steering and trim. choice of propellers will also affect steering torque.

bill6ft6
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 1983 Hydrostream Voyager

when you drop throttle quickly, the steering torque reverses. i have voyager with 175, and years back buddy had same with 200 merc. don't really see need for hot foot on your boat, regulat throttle works fine. buddies would hit 77mph, no chine walking or bad habits

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post