Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

newbie here

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
coupe
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

newbie here

Hi all, nice to see a site just for Hydrostreams. I have one 1979 V-King and a 1982 Viking. The V-King has a 2.6L Evinrude XP and the Viking has a 175 Johnson on it. I like 'em both ( Hydrostream crazy I guess) but the Viking is a nice cruiser. I do have a question though...

The V-King has an inherantly bad chine walk. I've tried to learn to drive it, but it seems extremly dangerous above 65 MPH. It has a 28 pitch chopper on it, and I've had the motor lifted pretty high(hyd.jack plate) and it gets better, but not good enough to make me wanna find out what it will do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Its a shame they dont make performance boats with style anymore.

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: newbie here

Couple things on the chine, if it ain't chinin, ya aint flyin. It's all normal. Seat time and steering input is about the only way to control it. Solid mounts and good steering are a must. I see alot of people use to much trim too. Let it get on the pad on it's own. If you rooster is a lot higher than you engine, to much trim. How high are you jacking the engine? Best is no more than an inch below the pad. How long have you had v-kings? :boating:

Oh! by the way, wecome :up:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
coupe
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: newbie here

ccrick wrote:Couple things on the chine, if it ain't chinin, ya aint flyin. It's all normal. Seat time and steering input is about the only way to control it. Solid mounts and good steering are a must. I see alot of people use to much trim too. Let it get on the pad on it's own. If you rooster is a lot higher than you engine, to much trim. How high are you jacking the engine? Best is no more than an inch below the pad. How long have you had v-kings? :boating:

Oh! by the way, wecome :up:
Thanks for the input. I've run the jack plate all the way up, which makes it much better, but how high...I'm not sure. I'll measure and see. I dont trim it much as your right, it'll get on the pad VERY quickly anyway with the 2.6L!!!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post