Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

LWP How To?

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

LWP How To?

I have been considering installing a Bob's Nose Cone to my Merc 850.... I understand the attachment to the LU, but how does the water supply hose (coming from the LWP) connect to the existing pick-up? I've never taken a lower unit apart, so I'm not exactly sure whats in there.
Thanks,

Topic Author
jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

Re: LWP How To?

Oh, and does the epoxy mounting method actually work?

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

once the pick up is on lwp... you drill and tap your old lu fill in the other inlets on your original pickup and your new lwp will have a hose come off it and connet to the old one that you drilled and tapped and in stalled a 90 fitting it will be about a 4ich piece of hose to connect the to together for water flow from your lwp to you old lu so and if you want to run it out of the water just take the hose clamp off the lwp side and run a water hose in it and tighten your hose clamp back off turn water on start engine hope this helps you out some..... and i just used epoxy resin and little mattin and filled in my old inlets on my lu there might be other ways but seems fine for mine good flow and runn you a T off your top water lines that pee water out the back and add you two lines and run 3/8 hoses out the hosing.... i just drilled tight holes and mine and squeezed the 3/8 hoses out and they dont move and will let more water flow and keep your engine cooler :up: :boating: good luck and you probally will get some more options too from other hs'ers
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

This might help. http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=236

I welded mine so I can't comment on the epoxy only.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

265 Mercman, thanks for the advise. That seems to make sense. I wonder if you have to fill in the old water inlets?

77 Viper, Welding is the best way to go. However, this is going to be a relativly slow boat (only 85hp) and a low budget build. But, I would hate to do all that work and the nosecone come "unglued" the first time it bumps something (hopefully wouldn't happen).

Thanks guys, Chris

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

yes use some epoxy resing maybe a little matting and fill in the old inlets or read the post 77 viper put on ther has some good info on it and thats how mine is done the cone is spot welded and resined in my water inlets with epoxy resin with little matting in it then grinded off if will work out some after years of use mine is getting a little crack in it but will redo soon i assume and your more than welcome for the info i like to give all i can as i get alot also from others on this site thanks for the thank you

steven
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

hydrostream76
Regular
Regular

yea the epoxy is good
same with mine it's been years, just a crack showing
just make sure you clean the area with acetone
to remove oil grease, fingerprints befre applying
that will make sure it has good adhesion