Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Mississippi river stage

The place for all other general boating discussions.

Topic Author
rut31
The new guy
The new guy

Mississippi river stage

I no this doesnt affect everyone but we are running at 11.6 ft we should be at 7 -8 foot and with all the snow up north its looking like a high water year no beaches :cry: .How much does this affect everyone else. :?:

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: Mississippi river stage

It sounds like the flooding is going to be bad this spring all over. We have so much snow on the ground even if it thaws fairly slow it's still going to be a mess. I feel for anyone living in the affected areas.

I prefer lakes to rivers, just to many things floating plus the big waves. Does the high water there cause the river to be a no wake everywhere? We ran into that last year up here.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
rut31
The new guy
The new guy

Re: Mississippi river stage

A good river stage for us is anything under13ft you can get in the islands 10ft all the beaches are out 7-8 you better no where your at sand bars are out and lurking . They dont no wake us till 21ft or so depends on if you get along with cabin owners cause they realy dont issue one its just a curtisy thing for the people that live inside the levee right on the river .Nope no nowake here they just wait till it gets realy fn high then kick us off river .I live where levee broke in 2008 and river was 7miles wide it was crazy .The shop we work on boats in is under my buddys house that sits 20ft off the ground beause it about 150 ft from river and being that close you have to be elavated to get insurance. I well post a pic of it.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post