Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Anyone else tick off by Ebay and Craiglist?

The place for all other general boating discussions.

Topic Author
VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Anyone else tick off by Ebay and Craiglist?

For those of you that search for hydrostream's nationally like I do daily, the dips at CL have really gone too far this time. I used to type "Hydrostream Mash Site" and get all boats listed by ebay, craiglist and kijiji all on the same page. This service was supplied by "JAXED" and was a wonderful tool for looking up anything you want and getting all listings nationally. Well, the yahoo's at ebay bought craigslist and issued Jaxed with a Cease and Desist for posting CL listings. Here is the link that explains.

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/show.cgi?idx=20110826202627

I really miss having a tool that lists all boats for sale. Does anyone have a different way to do this? Also, maybe an oppurtunity to improve the websites classifieds. Just a thought.

Bill

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone else tick off by Ebay and Craiglist?

I know they have just added RV and Boat Trader to there search so it will now look in there but yes, It does stink that CL went and did this. Some say its cause ebay now owns 25% of them but its not, Ebay has owned that 25% of CL for 4 years now and this is not the first time that Jaxed.com has pulled CL from its search. I think its stupid but CL claims they want to remain a local thing and not a national service. Thats fine and all for some stuff but like us, What about that guy that wants the one specific boat or rare hard to find car? It saved so much time verses going through each and every location manually taking hours if not days.

Here are a few other OK sites. And by OK I mean they do the job but nothing like Jaxed did.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

http://crazedlist.org/

Hope that helps some. :up:

Oh yeah, I even uninstalled the Jaxed app from my phone as I find it totally useless to me now. I will never buy a boat off ebay so I usually excluded them from my searches.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Amen really pi$$ed me off as I like to travel and it sucks to search cl state by state city by city :slap: idiots .

schillaz
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Gat damnit......i use this all the time for my classic cars.

blowitup
Regular
Regular

It's a bummer.That's how i found both of my Hydrostreams.One was in Canada lol

braq
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

not so much about the missing overall search function BUT found that at least with Kijiji roughly there are
1/3 asking fantasy prices (like more for 10 year old outboard than it would cost new from a shop, kind of since the listing is free they put everything in their household on ad and if someone foolish enough comes around it is ok to go, but no real intention of selling)
1/3 not attractive, probably using the highest price ever paid by someone for stuff, but once you inquire further you find theirs is in a worser condition (like the propeller is bent, controls are missing or it doesn't run at all
only the last third is with what I'd call with a realistic intention to sell, reasonable asking price, good stuff and only those disappear after 2-6 weeks from the ads.

I'd kind of like a system with a minimal listing fee (like single digit dollars) to get a rid of the two groups that are not "really" selling.

Cheers,

Braq
Navigare necesse est, vivere non necesse est

zizziz
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

cl is just filled with ding bats anyways.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post