Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

vector recore questions

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
STREAMFREAK
The new guy
The new guy

vector recore questions

Ok so Im in the middle of the cutting and grinding my Vectors core out. Everything so far has come out like soggy crap and Im more amazed every foot that this boat didnt sink or how many unsafe ones there are still out there that people just dont have a clue. Ive gotten to my center square tube over my pad that isnt really square at all kind of a lop sided square. Im cutting it off and scrapping the core below and my oscilating cutter goes through! Im how did I do that? So Im digging out the hole to patch but I didnt go through the hull but a void kind of with wood in it. Theres a small space between the wood and glass layer and that layer has the core glued to it. I would think this would be a big glued together sandwhich. I cannot see how the core glued a layer thats not even attached does any good. The wood doesnt look as the layer of glass was never glued to it. I dont believe its to the outside and really cannot see that is is that thin. My outside gel is white and dont see any around the hole. There is support under the pad so I cannot see it from the outside. Can anyone shed some light here. Is there gel coat, glass, wood, glass layer then the core, then another layer of glass?. Should I be cutting off this layer before I put the core down? Any help would be great.
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG (214.52 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG (210.87 KiB) Viewed 3307 times

YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: vector recore questions

looks like the support board to me. that should be the bottom of boat. it is thin and easy to cut through. maybe your pad isnt white???
81 vector....complete restore....1991 7 pedal 200 slightly modded
ALWAYS under construction

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE8wWZsFpw

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post