Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

have you ever tried this?

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: have you ever tried this?

I have never tried that but what I have found is that if it's that bad you will sand into the metal flake and it will turn colors before you get a good surface that you can buff good. That and once you get it buffed it doesn't last more than a couple weeks because Gel doesn't have any UV protection. You might want to look into having someone shoot some good automotive clear on it, then you can buff that and it will have some UV protection. I have a lot of clear gel over the carbon fiber on my viper and I had a high end auto clear applied over that just for the UV protection, I also use a lot of 303 aerospace protectant for the UV protection.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

steve3340
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: have you ever tried this?

No. But experienced the wet sand and buff with 4 wax coats :( faded back within a week. I did find a. Fiberglass restore clear that is suposed to do the trick! Can't remember what the company was. I'm sure if you do a search on net you can find it. I might try it this winter or just re gelcoat or paint, undecided

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post