Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

What kind of Wood For Rear Seat?

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: What kind of Wood For Rear Seat?

I am wondering how much room to allow for for the padding to "Lock the Back in Place". Obviously, the wood dosn't go right up to the back rest, there must be room for padding, but I don't know how much. I guess I need to know where to attach the Hinge to the Bottom Seat. I guess I can always just have it done and then place the hinge afterwards.

What sort of adventure? I was planning on taking it to a local Auto Upholstery place, or asking the local boat stores for a recommendation. I will make sure they are used to doing boats.

Which brings me to front seats, i have pedestal seats.... Thinking of just replacing them with some nicer seats rather than having the old ones reupholstered. But then I couldnt do the Blue Stripe that they currently have. Maybe plain white would look good all around anyways.

Anyone have recommendations for seats?

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Veada they have good prices and you get to pick three colors for your custom seat that they build just for you so it is aone off product not like anyone elses and you can get the matching vynil from them to do your back seat . As for hinges bah look at 85 Voyager new purchase thread in my posts I made a tw o piece seat back and bottum are seperate and are held in the boat by inserting the back ofthe seat in to the bottum of the seat then you simply slide it back alitte it has a board runnig across back of seat back that wedges uder the down lip of the splaswell it work great I go outin some rough water and have never had a problem plus no holes in the floor and it comes out for cleaning racing or just more room if you are taking somthing to a iland cabin or what hve you . I well try and get to my marina and take some pics of it it is made out of 3/8 and 1/2 but Im sure you could use one or the other I just used probly one whole sheet but you must under stand we dont wasteany when it comes to high $$$ marine ply . the scews I use are a little cashy but tehy have self tappin head so no predrilling and they just plain work.Hope this helps there is about 1100$ in the interior of my Voyager including all apolhstrey work . spelled apolhstrey wrong but you no wht im sayying .

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

It does help, Looks good.

I like the Veada Seats. Helm Seat 100 and 200 look good. What is the point of the Flip Up Bolster?

I think I will Screw One small bracket on each side of the Seat Base, So it just holds it in place and then I can remove it if I want to. I like your idea of a board that goes under the lip for the seat back. It would add a ton of stability.

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Flipup bolster makes it easier to see the dock and get up above the windshield for air or visability . I well take some pics soon I promise IM Getting the itch to go boatoing and the rivs open here and I got carharts :lol: .

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Alright, and I guess especially if you have a hot foot, then its hard to just stand up...

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Seats In, Here are some pics for future reference. The dimensions posted diddnt work with the Verado. Close for the base, but the back was much more difficult. Lots of trial and error, but I got it good, and now they fit together perfect and lock up great. I will Resin later.

I have noted the Brackets in the Back seat area to hold a cover that goes right to the back seats. I am going to Build this as I have just enough plywood left over. I will post pics of that later.
Attachments
IMG_1591.JPG
IMG_1591.JPG (58.43 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Base
Attachments
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG (59.39 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Attachments
IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_1579.JPG (57.3 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Note the Curved Top, Miters on both the top piece and the Back itself to make the top sit flat. Also the supports were mitered. I copied the original on this, once in, im not sure why the top had to be curved since the boat is not. It does look really cool, but totally unnecessary.
Attachments
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG (49.55 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Topic Author
triumph3434
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Base, Note the Front is angled on the sides to go with the curve of the boat.
Attachments
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG (55.63 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post