Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

splashwell corner CRACKED again!

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: splashwell corner CRACKED again!

I know it is pain, but I have seen a lot of finished become unfinished with these pesky cracks at the corners. the only way I have found to fully cure this, is prior to paint or gel, LAY A COUPLE LAYERS OF, SAY, 3 OR 4 OUNCE S-GLASS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE STRESS (PARALLEL TO THE BOAT SIDES) AND A LAYER THAT IS ORIENTED ABOUT 45 DEGREES LEFT, AND THEN ANOTHER RIGHT. THE TRANSOM WILL BE A LITTLE THICKER, BUT NOT MUCH, AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT DEAL MORE STRENGTH ON THE SKIN, WHICH IS WHRE THE STRESS REALLY OCCURS UNDER POWER. START THE GLASS IN THE SPLASH WELL AREA AND WRAP UP AND OVER ONTO THE OUTSIDE SKIN OF THE TRANSOM. BY USING THESE THIN LAYERS, THE GLASS IS EASIER TO LAY IN PROPERLY WITHOUT THE NEED FOR A LOT OF VACUUM BAGGING. YOU CAN SIMPLY PUT BRICKS OR WHATER ON TOP TO HOLD POSITION AT THE SHARP ANGLES.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post