Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

splashwell corner CRACKED again!

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: splashwell corner CRACKED again!

That's one thick transom Ron! What's the power source gunna be? Looking forward to see more progress

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

15" 280 on 8" jack.
Getting fiberglass into the corner joint as far as possible will reduce any chance of cracking at the seam.

I wish the factory would have put some woven roving in with the mat when the splash well was laid up. The corners are the weak link.

I just finished making brackets to mount the bow eye and motor mount holes to a 20' gantry crane. This will serve as a rotisserie. David needs this to work on his splashwell. With the boat up side down and the floor at 6', you can stand under the boat and work on the underside of the splash well.
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

WHAAAAATTTT!! LOL. I have a couple things cookin. We will see what transpires.

Dave

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

Decided to re-do it again. gonna loose the ski locker and move the tank to the floor, loose the splash well and another very cool mod that I will keep you in suspense on if I can find a glass guy that I can trust to do it properly. I still think that the transom is solid I tested a small area a couple days ago and there is no rot that I can find, the jackplate has not made any impressions on the outside, if the knees would have been installed in the first fix as I asked, this would no even be a question at this point. I had it out for a decent run the other night and the crack is not getting any larger, But I want this thing 100% so if I am loosing the well I will do the transom as well. I have a corvette glass guy from way back who has offer to help out, but currently I have 15 motors to re-build and 6 merc complete resto's booked for this winter so re-building this boat is gonna be tight to fit in. I have been trying to fix an overheating 200 for a while and finally got it licked I think, this is a little shot with my 30p DR4 performance prop nowhere near wot, that prop sure like to lift the nose. it's been a while getting used to looking down the nose of this thing you always want more trim- LOL.
I finally got the new Todd front Buckets seats Ron and I have been discussing I got the pedestal and the slides, I am removing the boxes and installing the front seats tomorrow morning will post some pics of them. The look wider but when held up close to the original ones in the boat they are that much more. I went with 6" bell fixed posts which should lower the seat quite a bit in the boat.
Attachments
virage30pdr4test.jpg
virage30pdr4test.jpg (199.55 KiB) Viewed 2652 times

proprider
Regular
Regular

Good looking boat Dave!

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

For perspective, This is Aarons Virage with the seats mounted on the floor. (Aaron and I) This was his maiden run. I got to drive it shortly after. What a rocket!!!

Aaron and ?? Baker at the Frost your nuts run last Oct.

Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

That is slick for sure, aaron did a fab job on that boat. You know I was looking at the new tank designs on the Victory motorcycle tanks and they have one that is flat black with a white semi circle in the middle and then red pin-striping between the white and black, it looked really slick and I thought about this boat right away. It does look good with the lower seats I cannot wait to install them tomorrow my posts are 6" but the seat will sit down on the pole by 3" or so.

maximum rpm
The new guy
The new guy

have you checked with fibrenew in Gatineau ?
Go fast with class

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

not to revive an old thread but just picked her up today, all the cracks in the well had allowed water to seep into the transom. It was solid except for the outer 2" on both sides, well she is all fixed now, tank is in the floor knees are in, transom is new and ready to re-rig. finally it only took 4 years - LOL. deck repainted and you can see your face in it, hats off to ronny haylock for a job well done, here is a couple pics of the rigging job I am doing right now on a 81 vector this thing is brand new - sorry should have posted the vector pics first. Oh Well I am *** backwards anyhow.
Attachments
IMG_8325.JPG
IMG_8325.JPG (82.95 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
IMG_8317.JPG
IMG_8317.JPG (78.96 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
IMG_8339.JPG
IMG_8339.JPG (55.49 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
IMG_8342.JPG
IMG_8342.JPG (29.05 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
IMG_8341.JPG
IMG_8341.JPG (38.33 KiB) Viewed 2464 times
IMG_8336.JPG
IMG_8336.JPG (39.14 KiB) Viewed 2464 times

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

You're gonna get sick of hearing me say it Dave, I love this boat, can't wait to see it! Looks fantastic!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post