Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

86 Hydrostream Vegas

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
dcartwright
The new guy
The new guy

86 Hydrostream Vegas

I have seen the cracks on the corners of the splash well but now have a crack at the back of the well also. Last year we hung a jack plate with more setback and a 3 liter Johnson 225. s this motor too big for this boat? I do know that when returning from Oklahoma last year in a storm the motor came off the transom saver and bounced for a bit before I noticed it. I'm sure that didn't help either. I really love this boat and need to have transom fixed correctly. Does anyone know who performs this type of work that has a good reputation for fixing Hydrostreams? Trying to get ready for this summer as last year I was moving back to IL.

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

86 Hydrostream Vegas

Welcome to the forum. You will find quite a large Hydrostream following in this area. Lots of great guys to run with and bounce ideas off of. You can try Bottom's Up Boat Repair. Johnsburg IL I think.

Here is a link.

http://www.bottomsupboatrepair.com/Bottoms_Up_Boat_Repair/Home.html

He works on all kinds of boats, but he's a HS guy at heart. If that isn't the route you want to go, let me know. There is another guy in Janesville WI that works on Hydrostreams only, but he's pretty backed up in jobs, from what I remember. I suggest you go to Scream and Fly forums and find the Hydrostream Power Tour thread. There you can look up a guy named Flowmax. He will give you information about how to join the Hydrostream Power Tour. They get out several times a year and have great event's.

Hope that helps, Bill

Topic Author
dcartwright
The new guy
The new guy

86 Hydrostream Vegas

Thanks Bill, I'll give them a shout out. I found a repair shop up in North Prairie Wisconsin but that was it. Nothing in the Champaign area for sure.

Vegas xt runner
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 86 Hydrostream Vegas Hi, do you have the contact information for the guy in Janesville?

:idea:
VultureNo2 wrote: Feb 22, 2016 4:47 pm Welcome to the forum. You will find quite a large Hydrostream following in this area. Lots of great guys to run with and bounce ideas off of. You can try Bottom's Up Boat Repair. Johnsburg IL I think.

Here is a link.

http://www.bottomsupboatrepair.com/Bottoms_Up_Boat_Repair/Home.html

He works on all kinds of boats, but he's a HS guy at heart. If that isn't the route you want to go, let me know. There is another guy in Janesville WI that works on Hydrostreams only, but he's pretty backed up in jobs, from what I remember. I suggest you go to Scream and Fly forums and find the Hydrostream Power Tour thread. There you can look up a guy named Flowmax. He will give you information about how to join the Hydrostream Power Tour. They get out several times a year and have great event's.

Hope that helps, Bill
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 86 Hydrostream Vegas Hi, do you have the contact information for the guy in Janesville?

Vegas xt runner wrote: Aug 01, 2017 8:42 pm :idea:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
???

I have personally never had any work done at Bottoms Up but I have seen a lot of work come out of Billys shop and I would highly advise staying away and go elsewhere. That other guy in Jaseville is Brian Carhart (HYDROSTREAMVKING4M on the forum) at Carhart Glass and he is the man! He finished my Vulture for me and did more than an outstanding job!
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views