Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

*!HELP!* question about fastening deck to hull

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
mattyg1405
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

*!HELP!* question about fastening deck to hull

i noticed on my hst on the front of the deck (where it comes to a point the center screw on the molding (the ones all around the boat that go through the molding through the deck through the hull and hold everything together) well in the front of the boat the previous owner already went up a size on the screws to help fasten the molding to and the deck down in the front...

now after a hard day those screws start to back out has anyone else experienced this? and what can i do to fix it ? i dont know about trying to run nuts and bolts?
ive been thinking of ways to fix the problem but i cant make a decision and others here munst have noticed this starting to happen

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: *!HELP!* question about fastening deck to hull

Maybe glass, hardener and claps with some smaller screws??? I'm no expert. Chet? Any advise? Bill

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I think you are an the right track Bill, glass might be needed.

Can you post a picture? I think I know what you are talking about but am not sure but I don't think bolting would be a good answer.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
mattyg1405
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

yeah i will... its on my mind ill have to take some pics tomorrow before i leave for vegas !!!!!!!

picture this look at the pic in your signature... right where it comes to a point at the front of the boat the molding is screwed through the deck and hull these screws seem to have come loose id say the dead center one and the next couple on either side

i thought about sending my little brother under the deck lol as i send the countersunk machine screws in i could have him put a washer and nylocks on im thinking problem solved if he could do it ...

i just have to make sure he doesnt tell my mother haha

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Little brothers are great sometimes, as long as they can keep their mouth shut. :D

Ok I understand it's a screw going through your rubrail. Can you take some 5 min epoxy and fill the hole then put the screw in it? If you do this cover the area in masking tape and poke a hole where the screw hole is, this way you don't have to worry about getting the epoxy on your boat.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

HST4ME
Regular
Regular

I through bolted my hull the entire way around.. it was a son of a bitch of epic proportions, but has worked for several seasons without a hitch.

Topic Author
mattyg1405
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

HST4ME wrote:I through bolted my hull the entire way around.. it was a son of a bitch of epic proportions, but has worked for several seasons without a hitch.
so it is possible to get up front under the deck... how did you do it ? thanks guys

Topic Author
mattyg1405
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Image Image

HST4ME
Regular
Regular

If you have the floatation foam up front your in for a real battle. I borrowed every 1/4 inch drive extension I could find, spent half the day tig welding the washers to the nuts and another whole day and a box of beer installing them.

Topic Author
mattyg1405
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

HST4ME wrote:If you have the floatation foam up front your in for a real battle. I borrowed every 1/4 inch drive extension I could find, spent half the day tig welding the washers to the nuts and another whole day and a box of beer installing them.
lmao sounds like a mission... i guess its a good thing im a fabricator so before i even start ill make a massive extension and tig the washers to the nuts aswell... this sounds like its not alot of fun...maybe worth the aggravation though! thanks

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post