Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Insurance Coverage?

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Insurance Coverage?

I have Allstate for my insurance policy. They will not cover the boat because it is over 30 years old. My agent said she was working with some other boat insurance company through allstate but Hydrostreams came up on the black ball list because of the speeds. She also works with Haggarty, but they are more for true classics and tend to be more expensive (I think). Anyone out there have a recomendation of an insurance company that reasonably insures streams? Any input would help. Thanks, Bill

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: Insurance Coverage?

Progressive

redneckcustoms13
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

i had allstate on mine but it was called a "handbuilt fiberglass" on the policy. valued at $5000 it was around $50 a year i believe. but other than that i have had no dealings with the issue.
78 vector, 2.4 200, 2-1 lower unit with bobs nose cone.

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Hey Russ, how much are you paying with Progressive? I have their auto insurance now. By the way, the prop gave me a 5 to 7 mph increase, and handles beautifully.

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

The problem with progressive is that they will only cover a runabout boat with speeds under 65mph but will cover bass boats up to 75. I work with the adjusters often and they said they would deny any coverage if I had it on my boat.

I sold a trolling motor to a insurance agent last year and when he came to pick it up he was checking out my viper so I asked him if he could cover it and after laughing for a bit he asked if I was serious. I have a buddy checking into what I can get and he is coming up blank unless it's some expensive liability coverage only. Then again the viper isn't your average boat.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

It's funny, because cars can travel at extremely unsafe speeds, but they still get coverage. Maybe they don't understand that while we like to go fast, many of us perform every bit of work on our boats to make sure that they are as safe as possible. I, for one, have personally tightened every bolt and connection on my Stream, and recheck them frequently. I guess we have to be our own insurance. Not to mention proper flotation jackets, automatic shutoff's etc. I must say, in your case, most racing vehicles can't be insured.

redneckcustoms13
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

however if they are on the trailer and envolved in a collision they are.... :roll:
78 vector, 2.4 200, 2-1 lower unit with bobs nose cone.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

silkeysak wrote:Hey Russ, how much are you paying with Progressive? I have their auto insurance now. By the way, the prop gave me a 5 to 7 mph increase, and handles beautifully.
Im happy to hear that prop worked out for you and insurance cost depends on what you want for coverage

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

I have an auto policy with Progressive. Just got a qoute on $6500 boat value for $79.84 a month. That's being a 79 Viking with 225 rude and modified gearcase. Not too bad.

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Putting the screws to us I pay only 400$ a year for my plate boat for ins and its value is 15000 . But not for my streams :cry:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post