Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

new vking

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
Kingpinsmu1
The new guy
The new guy

new vking

Little help on a vking I'm working on. Getting to the rigging and steering.due you run duel cabel or hydrolic? What size gas tank do you recomend. I have a 80 Viking with a built 225 HP that is ready for rigging and interior. How would you set them up if you did it over. Jp

[ Post made via Android ] Image

79ViperInProgress
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: new vking

Im new to all this so dont go souly on my opinions but from what ive seen people tend to run dual cable steering. As far as the gas tank that seems like a personal decision to me. If u wanna go as fast as possible a smaller tank will be quite a bit lighter, but if u plan on cruising around for a while you'll need a larger tank. On my old baja 19' with a 175 v6 merc i had a 24 gallon and i could empty that in 2 hours of pulling tubers/skiers and racing around. A lot of this is personal opinions. You just have to decide what u want and build it to fit you. Hope my ranting helped at least a little, and welcome to the forum! :D!

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Kingpinsmu1 wrote:Little help on a vking I'm working on. Getting to the rigging and steering.due you run duel cabel or hydrolic? What size gas tank do you recomend. I have a 80 Viking with a built 225 HP that is ready for rigging and interior. How would you set them up if you did it over. Jp

I have hydraulic steerin, 18 gal fuel tank. I have the battery on the port side(passenger side)...18 gal tank in the middle

LSaupe
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

I am running dual cables, and the OEM tank, which I believe is 15 gallons. Like Russ I have the battery on the port side next to the tank (really helps with the balance). Manual Jackplate with 6.5" of setback. Even with the pad should be close, or start maybe an inch below and slowly raise until you optimize.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kingpinsmu1 wrote:Little help on a vking I'm working on. Getting to the rigging and steering.due you run duel cabel or hydrolic? What size gas tank do you recomend. I have a 80 Viking with a built 225 HP that is ready for rigging and interior. How would you set them up if you did it over. Jp

Welcome to the site. Where in MN/Minneapolis are you from?

I will be running a dual cable set up on my vulture. Eventually im sure I will end up going hydraulic but it will be a while im sure.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Welcome to the site. Have you checked the core on the boat. Very important for safety. Oh yeah, post some pictures of the Stream. Bill :up:

Topic Author
Kingpinsmu1
The new guy
The new guy

I wool get some pictures up soon. I know this boat has a new floor and stingers. Before that it sat in a heated barn for 17+ years. The boat is a 70 s style burnt orange metal flake she is ready for a bath and a buff even though my friends say paint it I like the color. I live in Oakdale MN I m sure I will be posting question for quite a while.I thought I would be putting in the pro hydrolic kit but sounds like most are running duel cables I have heard the duel cable set up has less play than the hydrolic
Any thoughts on this
Does Antone off set the fuel tank to help with the balance issue or does the battery Handel most of it
I know I will be playing with this for years trying together the right set up how do you measure set back and any digested props

Topic Author
Kingpinsmu1
The new guy
The new guy

I also have a new in the box bay star hydrolic steering kit brand new if anyone can use it handels up to 150 hp

Topic Author
Kingpinsmu1
The new guy
The new guy

Sorry about the spelling fu$%ing auto correct

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

dependin on the size of the tank ou will NOT have much room to play with other then putting the tank next to the battery almost,I'm runnin a 4 inch setback on mine........... your color of the boat is called APRICOT
Attachments
smaller.jpg
smaller.jpg (143.26 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post