Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

79 Vector set up?'s

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
BR GS455 STAGE1
The new guy
The new guy

79 Vector set up?'s

I've just finished a total restoration of my 79 Vector. Core/floor to the deck. I have a 2 1/2 " manual jack plate & I'm running a 2010 Evinrude HO 150 with 15" shaft length. The lower unit has modified nose cone, low water pick ups & torque tab. Standard gears. At what height from the pad should I set the prop shaft? Currently set at 3/4 above, but I wanted some advice. Thank's Bill

Topic Author
BR GS455 STAGE1
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 79 Vector set up?'s

BR GS455 STAGE1 wrote: Apr 27, 2018 6:57 am I've just finished a total restoration of my 79 Vector. Core/floor to the deck. I have a 2 1/2 " manual jack plate & I'm running a 2010 Evinrude HO 150 with 15" shaft length. The lower unit has modified nose cone, low water pick ups & torque tab. Standard gears. At what height from the pad should I set the prop shaft? Currently set at 3/4 above, but I wanted some advice. Thank's Bill OH I also wanted to know if anyone knows where I might be able to find solid mounts for OMC. I had the local dealers look into it for me and even the factory doesn't make them?

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: 79 Vector set up?'s

3/4" is pretty high for starting out.

Unless you have plenty of seat time in this boat I would drop it down to even with the pad and get a feel for it.

I'm at 1" above the pad but running a 4 blade. When running solo, I will drop down to 3/4" to prevent a blowout. At 1.5" above I will start blowing out with a passenger.

My Virage is VERY forgiving to blowouts with the XT hull. A standard pad V could be a handful if you break free at speed.

My old V-King / 240 hp Bridgeport tried swapping ends when jacked too high (1" above pad) Not a fun experience at 100 mph!!
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post