Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

My 1974 Vector Restoration

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: My 1974 Vector Restoration

Heey everyone!!

First of all would like to apologize for not being on here posting my progress in while!! With the weather lately got me out of the routine of working on my Vector.. :( :evil: Finally weathers coroperating and have some free time and also seeing all these pictures and videos of boats (HYdrostreams) I want to see my Vector back out on the water!! :boating: :up: Hopping to be out on her on my birthday in a couple weeks but I don't know I'm hopping!! :mrgreen:

I got most of the "core" out of the main part of the boat also the big bench seat plat form! Man I have to say that was frustrating!! :shock: :lol: everything I did nothing seemed to help! lol but after a while of working at it and a little bit of elbow grease finally got it out!! Ill post some more pics of the progress and look forward to your thoughts and ideas

Thanks

Bradley
Hydrostream Owner,
1974 Hydrostream Vector - Under construction est. 2012
https://www.hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1924
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Heres a couple pitures of that seat!Of coarse a little smashed up now... :D :up: I dont know if its orignal but sure seemed it! It was like a really odd foam covered in fiberglass.

Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Couple more pictures,I was just trying to clean up a little!! The garbage bag is a comercial heavy duty bag that I could fit in :lol: and soo far got out about two bags out of the Vector!! :o

Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

keep up the good work and good luck with all the great stuff to come out of being a hydrostream owner we are the proud ppl of owning a boat in which we all take great deeds in owning one
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

The other day when my dad and I were working on it, it was getting late and we got it mostly cleaned up to start fresh the next day we worked on it! Of coarse I was very anxious to see what was under the floor!! :D sooo after talking him into staying out a bit longer I got the bar and pride up it enough to get my hands under the plywood and managed to break off a good size chunk! I was very surprised to find what I did... water.... :shock: :cry: now I don't know how long it would have been there but at least all last summer and last winter...

Ill post some pics!

Thanks
Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Few pictures of under the first peice of flooring, closer to front of the stringers

:cry: :evil: :shock:
Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Thats what I found in a Viper I have been working on it had no drain hole to let the water out :? don't no what they were thinking there.

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Yeah I thought it was pretty weird too!

So I got a little more work done! :) Is coming along good ( I hope) and I got the floor all out!! Then from reading other posts I figured next step was to start grinding :? ... Then luckily I came across two Little sections on each side of the stringers that had core underneath!! I was very surprised especially since I thought we finally got all the core out! lol. So once digging most of it out I found its a good thing we did find it because the core was mostly mulch :cry:

We got that all out of the Vector then we checked over the whole boat for anymore core! :lol: There is still a small section of core in the very front of the boat.... and that isn't a very fun place to be and what makes it worse is the core in the very front was actually in decent shape until you moved back a foot! My dad and I took turns to get it out but for now were gonna leave the small section till we get there with the grinder!

Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

First few pictures are the sections I found on each side of the stringers!

Think Im reading to start grinding!! :)

Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

Topic Author
bhbestcustoms
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Heey everyone, little disappointed today as it has been pouring all morning and is suppose to continue all evening and possibly the next few days :( .... I was planing on getting the grinding finished up today but seems like ill be relaxing and picturing my boat finished in my head! Ive spent many many hours grinding and wow I am glad I am almost done! Especially up in the bow :up: soo once the weather starts to corporate, my farther and I will get the grinding finished up!! Now here's some questions I would really appreciate every ones opions!!!!

1)My stringers seem very solid! There is about three spots on each stringer that fiberglass wasn't covering, so should I remove and replace with new?

2)My transom is also solid with no signs on the in side of rot but is a crack on one side of the boat on the out side close to the transom ( I will post a picture of the crack. ) The crack has been there since last summer and we field it with water proof silicone and it has not got any bigger. So would my Transom be okay to leave in the boat?

I really appreciate it to hear everyone opions and thoughts !! I definitely would like to know what others think. Now I am hopping I don't have to tear out much more I am only 15 and got to say ordering balsa and other supplies are definitely draining my account fast!! :o but picturing the finished vector in my head makes me wanna get it done!! :mrgreen: :up:

Thanks everyone!! :boating:
Bradley & Brent
Hydrostream Owner,
Bradley Harris
Bhbestcustoms

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post