Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

suggestion for core

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

suggestion for core

if someone was to take 1/4 inch aluminum and have 3 sheets 1 for the core and one for each side then what you wanted for your stringers

had them all laid down in the hull cut to precision then tacked together then welded little at a time for less heat as aluminum does not get very hot from welding quickly then stringers laid on top of that and welded on

then resined laminated or preference of choice to accomidate the holding to the hull it should be significilly stronger not very heavy and long as welded correctly never break and dang sure want rot and be very good for a transom as mine as been done already with aluminum on my transom inside and out any suggestions just been thinking about it maybe a good way to hold it down if it was epoxyied over and was tied in good to the sides it would be held down good i would suppose hope for some comments of maybe some do's and don't i might be crazy but seems it would work hope for the replys :?: :!: :idea: :idea:
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: suggestion for core

2006 vking center steer

HYDROSTREAMVKING4M
Hydrostream Great - RIP
Hydrostream Great - RIP

Crazy Thoughts my friend.
I do like that you are thinking about it however it will never work.The hull needs to flex.And ive cored more then my share this year 6.And just my 02 is 1 call to Joe at merton fibberglass and 500.00 later you will have all needed to do your boat.And check your transon because more then likly its wet.Thats why you have the added plate.It's a band aid to a bigger problem. Nice vector also. Do her right and she'll last for ever.Well more then 30 years.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

iam going to try and get started on it in a few weeks my take me awhile but iam going to try and have it done in a week due to my job as a traveling welder they send me every were so i believe ten hours aday in around a week or so i should be able to get it done i hope so what is the recommened materials as in matting and resin iam going to do like in the other post do the 5 layers of matting and resing in the v for no rot and the balsa on the side i also got two small 1/2 holes i got to fix on the bottom that want be nothing really and check on my transom i think its ok as it was sold be for the plate but will check again any help on a time frame would be great as i have never done it but i have read just about every post on here about recoring a hydro so when i get started will be posting pics thanks again hydrostreamers

2006 vking center steer

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

I think you are making the right choice. There is a place in MN called Express Composites. tomas is great and ships in one day at reasonable prices and shipping. You might know somewhere closer, but I have found them to be about the best. He handles lots of streams. If you need more info, let me know. The boat looks great. You will be glad you did it right and have the piece of mind that you are driving a safe boat. Bill :up:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post