Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

78 Vector

Show off your Hydrostream. Whether its new, old or somewhere in between, What better place than here to showcase it.

TonyC
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 78 Vector

beautiful boat! I'm in the process of restoring an 81' Vector myself. Love that blue paint! Is it metallic or gloss? What type/brand of paint is it? Did you shoot a clear on top? How is it holding up below the waterline? Don't mean to ask a thousand questions but that color is awesome. :up:

Topic Author
Bud79varmint
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks! The paint is Alexseal metallic (2-stage) Lagoon Blue (M5991). It seems to be holding up pretty well, but I’m sure not as durable as a gel coat, especially with getting on and off trailer and boat lift bunks, where there are a couple scuffs—from the looks of it, my boat definitely has a recent transom and floor, and hopefully a re-core, but since I couldn’t verify that part myself…if I had done all the structural work myself I would have have invested in a new gel coat at least on the hull… though the local company that painted my hull for me wan’t too excited about doing anything besides paint

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

TonyC
The new guy
The new guy

I'm glad to hear your happy with the Alexseal paint. At this point that's the paint i have been leaning towards. The guys who paint boats for a living have been raving about it. Some have said it's better than Awlgrip in ease of application and durability. I have plenty of time to make up my mind though. A lot of work ahead for me before i'm ready to paint!

harrells1
The new guy
The new guy

If you ever consider selling the Vector or interested in a trade for a center console flats boat, please let me know. I am in North Carolina. Have cash in hand. Scott Harrell.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post