Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Looking for a Viper with Mercury power/Recore not a problem

Topic Author
specter76
The new guy
The new guy

Looking for a Viper with Mercury power/Recore not a problem

Good morning, I've been reading these forums for several months as I've been looking for a Viper (Ebay, Craigslist, S&F forums), the threads related to the rebuilds have been very interesting so thanks for taking the time to share those stories. I do already have a 24' jet boat but I'm looking for something smaller just for fun when I don't want to unwrap the big boat.

Unfortunately, probably due to the season as most people have their boats in storage, I have not been able to locate a Viper for sale with a Mercury outboard (115+ preferred) within 500 miles of Detroit. If anyone knows of one for sale that still has its original metalflake (not interested in a painted boat), that has a motor already installed with tilt/trim, and a working trailer, I'd love to discusss a purchase. I'm ok with a soft floor and stress cracks in the transom area as I'm interested in a recore project but I'm not interested in a boat that's been sitting outside for years with no cover (or with a motor that has not been started in years). I have up to $5K cash to spend depending on condition. I appreciate the help and I look forward to documenting my own recore project for the site!

Topic Author
specter76
The new guy
The new guy

Re: Looking for a Viper with Mercury power/Recore not a prob

Found what I was looking for, 76 Bicentennial edition Viper with a 115 Merc. I'll share some pictures after I pick it up.

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Did you find that in Cleveland? Bill

Topic Author
specter76
The new guy
The new guy

Yup, that's the one! Supposed to pick it up next weekend. We'll see how smoothly that goes, Ebay purchase and all. I asked a number of questions based on my research and set my budget assuming it will need a full recore this winter. You can tell by the pictures that the boat has something going on with the transom, there's a large aluminum plate on there. Seller claims no cracking though, we'll see.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post