Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Varmint Owner since 2003

Topic Author
Searad1
The new guy
The new guy

Varmint Owner since 2003

Whats happening Hydrostream forum, this is my '83 Hydrostream Varmint. I've run her since Summer '03 when I first mounted a 1.7L Yamaha which was a very cool set up when it was just me and the ex, cruising around. Over the years and after the ex hauled *** to Florida, my instincts really adapted to this very unique hull design. In '08 I put on the first 2.6L Yamaha and talk about became addicted. After 12 years though, and still to this day, work on one small gain after another has built a definite contender amongst most mildly modded set ups like it. The true intention though is to put an Old School Stream against the only thing there is at any drag - An Allison w/ a Merc.

The Varmint is as sound as new but would be willing to potentially trade/barter or sell for any Stream which has the capability to plane like an Allison. I would be interested in any Stream model in which was the best contender against Allisons when they first started going head to head in drag (or even if they ever actually did!).

Appreciate any input from anyone who has any ideas, a potential hull trade/sale.

As for the Varmint's current status, the 2.6 is on the bench and I am working on both a unique exhaust system for a shortened mid-section and re-building a hydraulic steering system which will Definitely make large changes to the entire set up once again. I am very anxious to see the Yamaha's potential with this mod (and am pretty sure it will make this rig so loud that it will scare the living hell out of every creature including humans on my primary bayou for making a little evening pass. I'll add some pics hopefully soon, and eventually some vid.

Team Stream baby!
Attachments
IMG_20140807_115839.jpg
IMG_20140807_115839.jpg (264.81 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
[img]file:///C:/Users/Christopher/Google%20Drive/Hydrostream%20Racing/Yamaha%20MKTG.png[/img]

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post