Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Viper, 3500$

Have you found a Hydrostream for sale, or other interesting item on eBay or elsewhere that you think your fellow members might be interested in? If so, then use this forum to link to the listing or provide the details of it.

Topic Author
braq
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Viper, 3500$

your input is highly appreciated,
77 Viper with 81 Mariner inline 6 115HP. I will try to see this boat myself. Has been on Kijiji for a while, then on Ebay and relisted
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/15-ft-HYDROSTREAM-VIPER-115-MARINER-SPARE-MOTOR-/190575228461?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item2c5f2b362d#ht_500wt_1156
I would assume a recore necessary, will take the check-list for inspecting hulls with me and let you know. In the meantime, if you notice something that might help in the evaluation process please let me know,

cheers,
Braq

PS: Since the family is not so much into spending hours and hours on the water anymore, I figured I might go for something smaller and lighter just as well
Navigare necesse est, vivere non necesse est

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Viper, 3500$

I think too much money. 77vViper is selling one fro $600. No motor but that boat needs a V6. The more rotten the easier to remove old. Yes on recore and transom with supports. I like the longer boats (VKing/Vulture) because they make a better barefooting/skiing/tubing boat while carrying passengers. jmo. Keep looking. Bill

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

The gel looks to be in good shape, assuming the interior is in good shape and the motor runs good I would say it's a 1500-2000$ boat. You are smart to assume it needs a core, that will cost you $1500 if you do it yourself plus a LOT of time, although rewording in the end a lot of frustration in the middle. If it has been for sale for a while at the same price there is a reason for it and most people don't know about the core.

This is what i found for some perspective, although all in my area but this was a 5 min search.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/boa/2585848734.html
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/boa/2565289189.html
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?240823-Viper-for-sale
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
braq
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hi Guys, thanks so much for your input, I figured a split of 1000$ each for
boat, motor and trailer would be the max for me.
Definitely like the yellow restored one, it appears that I should really consider the very long drive to MN, you have much more of choice of boats there and the asking prices are reasonable (there are many hydrostreams within 300km range with fantasy prices. They are advertised forever, but their owners are stubborn and will hold onto their evaluation of the market price for years until someone else takes care of their stuff, e.g. wife wants it out of the driveway NOW or as an estate sale :-(

Again, thanks so much, will check it out today and take some pics and let you know of the outcome.

Cheers

Braq
Navigare necesse est, vivere non necesse est

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post