Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

LAUNCHING THE BOAT TOMORROW!!!!

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: LAUNCHING THE BOAT TOMORROW!!!!

Ronnie should know what prop is best.

He told me a 28" ET was best for my set-up and it works awesome. I'm running a carb 2.5L 200 and turn it 6300 rpm's with a 1.87 gear lower unit.
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Fat Tony wrote:
Hi Silkeysak, what questions do you have about this thread? I havent talked to Ronnie since he looked at the boat when I got it. He wanted me to go with them on that Sunday and beat the balls out of it with him and his friends. He also said that my boat was a 100 times in better condition than his was (the boat on you tube Ronnies Viper)- that boat made a bunch of 100 mph+ runs before it came apart. He was the one that wanted to set my boat up and tune the motor so it could run mid 80s. He and his partner who I know pretty well told me to play with it for a while then get back to them. Dont get me wrong I know he is the man over here on Hydrostreams- but how do you learn about setting up a boat if you bring it to a shop that does this for a living? What fun is that? Im not going to jump into it and go balls to the wall either. I need seat time . Its like drag racing you start out slow and make suttle changes. I am not new to the water either or boats, I have lived on the sound all my life, when I asked for advise I felt I got a lot of good from this forum. Plus the gentelmen who have responded have set their own boats up and have gone speeds well over 90mph. I dont want to come across as nasty or a know it all. I am not an idiot either (well my boss thinks so for buying this boat - but thats another story).
The question I have is that Ronnie should be able to get you very close to a starting point with the motor he is building for you. Everything else will come from seat time and personal preference. With him to help you, you probably don't need much more (no offense guys). I totally agree that 99% of shops will be of little or no use in setting up a mod vp setup. Most of us do it from experience or input from other trusted hi-perf boaters. You really need to find some better water to get used to your new boat. You won't be able to tell much in the chop. Good Luck and be safe! (kill switch, life jacket, foot throttle, dual cable steering at a minimum).

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

One thing nobody mentioned.

The BEST part of boating with Ronnie is, he's a freakin riot to be around (especially if Keith shows up) :lol:
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

RONNIE
The new guy
The new guy

thanks guys i'm doing tonys nose cone job now he should have it sorted out pretty well shortly. tony also informed me he will be doing a recore job on his viper and I will be building him a modified power head and helping him get his viper set up to fun fast and as safe as possible.

THANKS Allot Pete!!! you really are the best!! you wreck that paint jod yet?? i still have that case for you on the welding bench also

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

RONNIE wrote: you wreck that paint jod yet?? i still have that case for you on the welding bench also
Nope, still looks perfect. It's at the Flip today. Your boat should be next to it.

transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Looks good Pete :up:
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

That rig looks ready to rip!

RONNIE
The new guy
The new guy

sorry couldn't make it tring to get the big boat ready for 4 july see you all in conn in oct

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post