Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

viper with the big rude 235

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
tommy
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

viper with the big rude 235

i ran my viper today with the 235 evinrude. i was going to wait to run it till i done the interior, but running it on the muffs was to tempting, so i went prop testing.
after a few hours of playing i was able to get a good 1/4 mile pass of 82.7 at 68 to 6900 rpms. the boat shot out the hole so hard that i was topped out at 3/4 track. it ran straight as an arrow. was very pleased, the prop i found to do best was a 27 chopper, it was not the fastest in the 1/4 mile but was the quickest. i get back to the shop this afternoon and check over things and found some free mph left in the motor, THE THROTTLE CABLE WAS NOT LETTING THE CARBS OPEN UP ALL THE WAY!!!!!, when i saw this i was even happier, cause now i get to go run it again, thanks to my shop hand who later tried to say he did it to keep me safe.some how i don't think so, comming from the same guy who tazzed me with a stun gun on my birthday as a joke. ha ha real funny, and to think i pay him!

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: viper with the big rude 235

Awsome! Get some video if you can. :up:

Sounds like one wild viper.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Vegas XT
Regular
Regular

Thats a lot of power for a little viper :shock: THATS AWSOME!!! Let er rip! :boating:

JUPITER VALERO
Regular
Regular

It's always fun when you fine a few more MPH!!
1991 Canadian Edition AE-21/Merc 2.5
1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100/under the knife
1994 Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri-SOLD
1988 Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175-SOLD

Ventura235
The new guy
The new guy

How fast would a ventura II hull with a 235 go? I am inheriting a boat like that next year.....

Topic Author
tommy
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

depends on set up, going for all out top end with a stock block you should be able to get in the upper 90's . 1/4 mile speeds should be in the low 80's with some light mod work and a light load set up.but for all around lake racing and able to carry a passenger, is what i would shoot for with that hull. should be able to get strong 80's with a good hole shot. set up is the key.

Topic Author
tommy
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

also to run that motor on the ventura, you need to keep the motor as close to the transome as possible, i have the same problem running the 235 on my viper so instead of running a jackplate i cut my midsection and clamp brackets to 16''. you need solid motor mounts top and bottom, low water pick up, and do not put weight up front. boat will like the weight centered just behined the fron seats.my buddy dragged raced the same boat and set up but with a merc we modded to 15'' mid. it was a stock 2.4 block and he went in the upper 80's on top end, the only thing that really holds the small boats from running 100 mph is driver skill. very very tempermental. good luck

Ventura235
The new guy
The new guy

I will want to keep the weight in the middle of the boat? Right now it is setup for 3 across seating with the driver in the center, the 12 gallon gas tank right behind the seats. I was thinking about moving the tank back but it the boat will handle best where it is, I guess I can just build a seat over it to carry a forth person or a spotter for waterskiing. I don't really plan on drag racing with it but do enjoy a little speed. The last time I drove it was 5 years ago and I did get it to chinewalk pretty easily, so obviously it goes faster than 55

Topic Author
tommy
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

if you have three across seating you should be ok with the tank under the splash well or as far back as you can go, just dont try any weight up under the front deck. good thing you got it to chine walk cause that means the hull was up on the pad. good luck.

Ventura235
The new guy
The new guy

I should update that it is a 1975 Ventura competition hull (open stringers with a later added in floor) and a stock 1978 235 with a hydraulic jack plate. So yes it gets up on the pad and with some more seat time should definately be able to outrun most jetskis.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post