Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Where is everyone?

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

pcrussell50
The new guy
The new guy

Re: Where is everyone?

dandy5372 wrote: Mar 05, 2019 1:17 pm Liked to come across one of those 260 to 280 hp Merc’s to put on the back end of my 77 Vamp! It hits over 60 right now with the Evinrude 140 on it! Time will tell I guess! Looks like new outboards are all going 4 stroke with unwanted added weight! & life goes on!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
It's not just unwanted weight, it's dangerous weight. Heavy new outboards are very nice, but they belong on heavy new boats that were designed to carry the weight. In the days our 'Streams were built, motors just didn't weigh that much and the boats weren't designed to carry that much weight. Of course, many of us that have 40 year old 'Streams have new transoms (beefed up) and new core and floors and knees and such. Those should be able to take the weight. Now, safe off-plane floating is a different story here, but at least structurally a rebuilt and beefed up 'Stream should be able to take it.

-Peter

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

dandy5372 wrote: Mar 05, 2019 1:14 pm Everyone likes the ease of Instagram!
Not me. I dont have an Instagram account and dont ever plan too and I dont really understand it to be honest. Just a pictured posting platform with little to no real structure that a forum can provide. Heck, I have Facebook but I dont even like that much. I dont hardly ever post on there and dont go on there much anymore. But I get it, the instant gratification of social media has really taken a toll on Forums.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

I still have a FLIP PHONE

pcrussell50
The new guy
The new guy

RussF wrote: Mar 07, 2019 5:14 pm I still have a FLIP PHONE
You're ahead of the curve. They're making a comeback. I wish carbureted two strokes were too :(

I was just in Australia a few weeks ago. It's summer there and the recreational boaters were out in full force. But the cool thing is their two stroke ban did not take effect until this year, (or was it last year, I forget). So the roads, reservoirs, and harbors were FULL of new or nearly new, totally modern carbureted two strokes. It was super cool. And I was jealous.

-Peter

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post