Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

79 Hydrostream vector rebuild

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
seahorsemax
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

79 Hydrostream vector rebuild

Hey Guys ,
I am in process of rebuild of 79 vector , I had the middle pad filled and straighten as i did my last 79 vector many many years ago . Has any one straighten , the next set of chimes , I saw they had the hook in them like the very bottom had , just wondering if the next set of chines were strait would it help eliminate the side to side rock while throttling to WFO. I have also cut and removed the floor and balsa core which was rotted as most are and plan to go back with coosa blue water 26 for stringers and floor if i put a floor back in it . Still need to cut old transom out and will also use composite on it as well . any input would be greatly appreciated . i will also post pics as i process thru this super awesome river ride . Got a 2.5 planned for power ,15 inch and sporty lower

PCS9136
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 79 Hydrostream vector rebuild

How is the rebuild coming? Do you have any pics to post.
I just started redoing a 75 Vector a few months ago. The core is almost out, and I plan to start on the transom soon.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 79 Hydrostream vector rebuild

The "hook" in the pad of the vector is actually a wedge and not a hook. Howard put that there as they were getting super flighty and the very slight wedge was helping keep the nose down without loosing any speed. The wedge is not a big wedge at all but enough to make them much more manageable. As for the chines, Im not sure what you mean by a hook in them. The chines are pretty much out of the water once you're up on the pad. If you are getting bad chine walk then the setup needs some work.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views