Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

another new guy from Minnesota

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
Exto
The new guy
The new guy

another new guy from Minnesota

Hey all. Just started up on the site, looking to do some research before I buy myself a new toy. I've been looking over misc. articles and this forum, and am leaning toward looking at a Vulture or a V-king. Basically, here's what I'm looking to know (for now) Are there any issues you guys would look for in particular, and what's a fair price for a boat in decent shape? If there's anything that I should look for and say 'nope, not this one' let me know please. I've got some expeience with smaller boats and old PWC, but this will be my first really decent machine.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Re: another new guy from Minnesota

yea, find one that has proof of recent core and transom work, with pictures so you can see the quality of the work. core is in the outer structure of the boat, most are rotten.. many of us on here have done the work, and know it is a lot of work.. take time and love to get it done.. and about 3 thousand dollars in materials..

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: another new guy from Minnesota

Welcome to the board!! A wealth of knowledge here.
I attached a link the IHR site. http://hydrostream.org/ArticleArchives/Buying.htm

Good info on buying a used 'Stream.

Don't let the outside appearance and "thump" test fool you. Also, just because an owner says it has been recored doesn't mean it was done correctly. If you like to itch and have a place to work on one, it is very satisfying to get a clean hull and re do it yourself.
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post