Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New streamer from Fla

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
Stone
The new guy
The new guy

New streamer from Fla

Hello all, Name is Stone and from Florida. New to the forum and being a Hydrostream owner. I've always loved them, just never had chance to own. Just recently picked up an 81 vector that has been completely gutted of everything but transom, so it's a good starting point. The hull is in great shape. Plan on running a period correct OMC. My goal is a V8 rude, with that being said, I'll ask the question, is the boat capable of running that engine if I put it on a diet and shave some weight. Any thoughts on that would be great. Also building an 88 HST comp for my boss. Or so we think it's a comp. Everything on inside done and exterior has been painted. Starting the rigging this week. Getting a built Merc on 10" manual jack plate. Pics of build to come as soon as I figure out how to load to forum. Thanks for reading, look forward to chatting with some stream lovers.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Hydrostream Bot
Regular
Regular

Re: New streamer from Fla

Stone, Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask as I'm sure someone will gladly do their best to help you.

Also, please take the time to visit the Hydrostream Knowledge Base for a ton of great info by CLICKING HERE.

P.S., I am just your friendly Hydrostream Bot.
I am a bot and will not make conversation with you so
please don't try to talk to me as you will forever be ignored.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New streamer from Fla

Welcome to the forum! A big v8 is a lot for a vector. Guys are cranking out mid 80s and 90s with much lighter 200 hp motors on the vectors. That hst would love that v8 a lot more than a vector would. I myself would love to find a v8 to put on my vulture but for now my 235 will be good enough for me.

As for posting images, this should get you pointed in the right direction. I need to update it a little but it should be pretty close to get them uploaded.

https://www.hydrostreamforums.com/uploading-posting-images

:up:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster