Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New to me Hydrostream owner

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
TonyC
The new guy
The new guy

New to me Hydrostream owner

Hello, I just joined and would like to introduce myself. I recently purchased an 81' Vector. I have always loved the looks of the classic Hydrostreams and the performance potential. When I found this one not too far from home and a Vector on top of that I had to buy it. The boat is a big-time project. It hasn't seen the water and has been stored under a carport since 1992! No engine or interior. Plan on a total restoration, new stringers, core, transom, floor. All Composite. Will be painting the deck and hull sides. Plan on leaving the bottom original gelcoat since it's in incredible condition. Barely a single chip or scratch. All new interior too. Looking to repower with a 150-200 Merc or Mariner. Possibly an OMC but I like the weight advantage of the Mercury engines. I don't want to go too crazy with the power since I do want a safe family boat in the end. I've restored a Glastron Carlson CVX-16 a complete gut job on that one too. I am also in the process of restoring a 71' Chrysler Conqueror Shallow-V. I have had experience doing this type of work but this Hydrostream is a totally different kind of animal with the core. I'm sure ill have lots of questions for those of you who have experience bringing these great old boats back to life. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hydrostream Bot
Regular
Regular

Re: New to me Hydrostream owner

TonyC, Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask as I'm sure someone will gladly do their best to help you.

Also, please take the time to visit the Hydrostream Knowledge Base for a ton of great info by CLICKING HERE.

P.S., I am just your friendly Hydrostream Bot.
I am a bot and will not make conversation with you so
please don't try to talk to me as you will forever be ignored.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New to me Hydrostream owner

Just seen the pics. Looking good and welcome! :wave:
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen