Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

'76 Viper advice seeker

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
Netko
The new guy
The new guy

'76 Viper advice seeker

Hi everyone! I am a boat guy, recently picked up a 1976 hydrostream viper with solid floor and transom, it unfortunately has auto paint and cheap interior work which has decayed. I plan on stripping it, putting a slick new interior in and gel coating it blue metal flake similar to original. I picked up a 1988 mariner 115 tower of power and would like to sort out a proper jack plate, steering (maybe hydraulic?) etc. for rigging before I do all the glass and gel work, also it had 2 dome style windshields on it? Currently no windshield. I will post pics on a different part of the forums here maybe someone knows what windshield would work to make that happen.

Hydrostream Bot
Regular
Regular

Re: '76 Viper advice seeker

Netko, Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask as I'm sure someone will gladly do their best to help you.

Also, please take the time to visit the Hydrostream Knowledge Base for a ton of great info by CLICKING HERE.

P.S., I am just your friendly Hydrostream Bot.
I am a bot and will not make conversation with you so
please don't try to talk to me as you will forever be ignored.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome! The floor is the least of your worries! Dont forget about the core, that is where the real problem lies in these. If its original or you have no way of knowing if its been replaced, its either rotten, or assume its rotten. Also, the transom is rotten too if its original. My 1977 Vulture had what seemed to be a solid transom but turns out, soaking wet.

Take a read here - https://www.hydrostreamforums.com/the-core-what-is-it-and-where-it-is

Again, welcome and dont hesitate to ask any question! Can't wait to see the pictures.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
Netko
The new guy
The new guy

Yeah, I dug it out of the woods for $50 HAH, the guy said it was "redone" a few years ago, looks like they sprayed automotive yellow paint on it put some cheap carpet and seats in and called it good. I checked out under the floor and found delamination where the core should be ripped a chunk up and found pretty much mud where the balsa should be, looks like I'll be cracking her in half re coring it and putting a transom in regardless of it seeming ok. I'll get a few pics up today, I'd really like to figure out which windshields would work for a double dome style, I could do some glass forming to give them a spot to fit real well and be removable.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stock windshield is the only way to go if you ask me. If you dont have one, there is a few people that make fiberglass ones and two people making repop acrylic ones. They arent cheap though.

Also, what do you mean by double dome style?
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views