Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New Stream Owner - 1977 Vulture

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
unearthed
The new guy
The new guy

New Stream Owner - 1977 Vulture

Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker and glad to officially be an owner. I've had my eyes on a Hydrostream for a while and after looking at quite a few basket cases I think I finally found the one.

I picked up the boat a couple of weekends ago (left a wedding early on a Saturday night to wake up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning and drive 4 hours out of my way through an ice storm to pick up the Vulture all while making it back in time to get my wife from the hotel right at checkout time and drive another 7 hours back to NY) and I am looking forward to getting this boat dialed in.

I don't know if the previous owner posted at all on this forum but do know that he was slightly active on Scream and Fly. Part of my motivation for getting this particular boat was that he documented all of the work that he did to the core/floor/transom, I knew that I didn't want to do this portion of the work if I didn't have to. I also wanted just a hull if possible as well as I have a 1989 Yamaha Excel from my last boat that I sold (I sold both of my boats - a 1986 Grady White Tournament 190 and my pride and joy, a 1989 Wellcraft Scarab Sportster/Sprint) this past year before my wedding in September and knew it was only a matter of time before I was back in the game).

Does anyone know of any good resources in the NY area (boat will be on Lake George, NY but we travel back and forth to NYC for work on the weekends) that could help with possibly changing the color/paint scheme? Previous owner also made his own "windshield" from glass, but I do have the original frame and broken plexi that came with the boat that I would like to find a new piece of transparent "glass" for.

Also know that I would like to do a refresh of the outboard as well and definitely need to shorten the shaft, any recommendations for people to go to for that would be great as well. I've tinkered with outboards my entire life, but I am much more familiar with cars so don't know any of the gurus in the outboard world.

I have the original seats for it, but the frames are rotten. I might rebuild them just to have them but don't know what seats to run front/back.

Happy to have the boat covered before the -33 wind chill hit the other night, happy to be here and ready to listen to any and all guidance.

:boating:

IMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg (607.22 KiB) Viewed 52412 times
IMG_2994.jpg
IMG_2994.jpg (180.49 KiB) Viewed 52412 times
IMG_1904.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg (487.72 KiB) Viewed 52412 times

Hydrostream Bot
Regular
Regular

Re: New Stream Owner - 1977 Vulture

unearthed, Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask as I'm sure someone will gladly do their best to help you.

Also, please take the time to visit the Hydrostream Knowledge Base for a ton of great info by CLICKING HERE.

P.S., I am just your friendly Hydrostream Bot.
I am a bot and will not make conversation with you so
please don't try to talk to me as you will forever be ignored.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome and love the Vulture. I havent seen that one before. What was the guys name on Scream and Fly?

Sadly I dont know anyone from the northeast that would be a go to person but maybe a few others will eventually chime in here.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
unearthed
The new guy
The new guy

Hippie459MN wrote: Jan 29, 2022 11:55 am Welcome and love the Vulture. I havent seen that one before. What was the guys name on Scream and Fly?

Sadly I dont know anyone from the northeast that would be a go to person but maybe a few others will eventually chime in here.
Hey Hippie! Website is back! I got worried there for a bit. Read through your build pages multiple times. Killer stuff.

The guys name on Scream and Fly was BoostLover https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?354396-77-Hydrostream-Vulture-resurrection-remove-bottom-paint-!!

Was able to contact John Tiger down in Virginia Beach. Waiting on a quote from him currently. https://www.facebook.com/evinrudeX115/

For those not in the know, he has written a boat-load of articles for boat related publications, including Hot Boat Mag. He actually used to work as a salesman for Hydrostream for a couple of years back in the day too.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

John is no stranger around here and I and many other here have known him for a long time.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views