Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

check your fuel line

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

check your fuel line

I see this quite often and thought I should share it in hopes of saving some headaches or a powerhead. If you are running Mercury gray fuel line and it's 2 years old or older replace it with ethanol safe line. The old fuel line has red writing on it and the new stuff has blue writing. What happens to the old line is the inner liner comes apart and will cause a fuel restriction and will cause a lean condition and we all know where that can lead. The bad part is it looks fine from the outside but inside it looks like this

I know they are crappy cell pictures but you get the point. I had a guy drive from Canada "about 10 hours" because of this.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

Re: check your fuel line

Good Advice! I've added a clear in-line fuel filter so I'm able to "see" any problems. It came in handy this past spring when I noticed phase-seperation in my E-10 fuel left over from the fall.

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Good stuff guys thanks for sharing . :up:

redneckcustoms13
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

good info chet. ive always been a 3/8 black rubber line from the parts house kind of guy, but i think we have that grey on our g-3 ill have to check that out :o
78 vector, 2.4 200, 2-1 lower unit with bobs nose cone.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post