Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

hurry help200efi mercury link and sync

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

hurry help200efi mercury link and sync

after seting the #1 piston to tdc then turning it counter clockwise back to .462 and all spark plugs out except for #1 after timing was set i followed all steps then when i hit the timing light it was flashing around 20-22 on the flywheel to the pointer is this right or is it wrong and do i need to adjust the idle timing with the motor running with or with out the timing advance module connected all help would be appricated
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: hurry help200efi mercury link and sync

Sorry I didn't get back to you the other day. Remove the timing module and install it in the trash. Set the timing at 25 cranking and run good fresh gas.

The bottom adjustment screw is your throttle pickup set your throttle cable so that there is a light tension pushing the throttle arm back. If your throttle plates are closed and your still idling high reset your idle timing in the water and in gear.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok i removed the box on top and turned my motor over till it was set at 25 with wide open throttle and the timing lite i also removed the box on the port side right below the timing advanced module that is on top it had a red and white wire a tan wire and another color i removed it also most of the wires was unhooked or broke any was so i just removed it also does this sound rite the way i dune it it ran fine i idled it down seemed kinda missy but not for sure headed to the water now if the box on the side shouldnt have been removed call or text me asap so i will no lol 931 628 1485

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

The one on the side is the oil injection warning module. Are you running the oil injection? If you are I would remove it and put a stuffer in it's place.
http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=217&p=1312&hilit=oil+pump+removal#p1312
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

the oil pump has been mia when i bought the motor ok so taking the module off was no big deal like i said most of the wires was disconnected any whom got the motor running pretty good yesterday ran bout 10 gallons of gas through it on the river yesterday had to adjust the timing alittle bit on the water but she opened up nicely when i would stomp on it...it would launch out of the water no prob trys to load up just alittle when idleing cause of removing the timing advance module one last ? when i put it in gear it kinda makes a grinding nose my other lower unit did the same thing also but is this normal or should it be smooth sounding going into gear and i ajusted the shift cable a couple times but never really changed the sound

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

they will make noise
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

whats the best possible senerio to make sure my motor is timed rite i think it is but would love to double check it some how with the timeing adavanced on it what would my timing need to be at idle and what all can i possible remove on it and it still run for the timing and all that mess most of it seems like bs to me

2006 vking center steer

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post