Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

87 vegas xt engine shaft length?

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
Jorgeinmiami
The new guy
The new guy

87 vegas xt engine shaft length?

Im not one that wants a 90mph boat , I was young once had my checkmates and action marines back in the day. Now I'm looking for something quick but not fast. I'm thinking of a 150hp engine. Something mild, no jack plate or exotic props. What size shaft engine to attach to the transom?
What kind of speed would I be looking at?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

msethsmile+
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: 87 vegas xt engine shaft length?

I've had 3 XT's although not a Vegas. 20 inch most popular by far. My Voyager XT started bolted to transom bottom hole (highest prop setting). Ran real good. Watch your water pressure. Top water holes on intake are filled in. Had a factory 15 inch on another Voyager XT for several seasons--just for looks. This had low water pick ups.

Current XT bolted to transom with a Yamaha 2.6 150 (carbs, heads, tuner) runs 81 with front cover. Vegas is faster. 28 Hoss Hyperdrive (overhub) @ 6200. Runs 65 in 1000 feet with Yamaha 22 chopper. Old Voyager XT ran 65++ with a Merc 2 litre 150.

Not expert on props but I prefer overhub exhaust.. Some thru hubs to try: OMC Raker, Merc Trophy, Merc Laser II. You should be well into 70's with a bone stock 150 and standard water pick ups.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post