Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

04 Vegas XT Set up

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
2Slow4me
The new guy
The new guy

04 Vegas XT Set up

Hey,
just bought a 04 Vegas with a Merc 150 XR6 w/ 20" mid, any of you guys have a reccomendation for motor height and prop. mine was used primarily for skiing and I passed that point in life. My boats starts chine walking at about 66, is this normal or is my set up incorrect?

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 04 Vegas XT Set up

Hey there, welcome. :up:

That's an interesting question, Solid mounts, tight steering, some set back, and a chopper prop will help handling but won't necessarily eliminate chine walk. You have a newer XT. It is maybe heavier and your a little underpowered, so you may not see much improvement in speed with your current horsepower.

As far as the your wind screen, (from a previous post) I checked into that a few years ago and could not find a shop that offered that kind of service. However , I found plenty of how to videos on cutting, bending and drilling plexiglass.

Again, welcome.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post