Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Lower unit problem today

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
Fly N By
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Lower unit problem today

Out for the last run of the season and lost lower unit cone at 60 miles hour and up on the pad flying high for 80 mph run and we did a 30 dgree left turn out of nowhere, no panic put the hotfoot to the floor and she came back out nice and straight been used to the Vegas xt hull for long time and I lovem . So need help I've seen these lower units before with about a 6-8 '' cone molded on the unit there painted silver . I don't think these cones are a weld on think its glassed on ? hoping somebody can help me out . thank you

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: Lower unit problem today

Welcome to the forum.

If I'm reading correct your nosecone cam off. If it did it was not welded on or at least not welded good. A sportmaster or a cle will have a nosecone from the factory. The bare aluminum case would be a sportmaster, they only did this for a year or two the rest are painted.

I prefer a 200 case over a modified cle, it just seams easier to drive that and a 200 case with a bob's nosecone will be faster than the others. I have not tried a sportmaster.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
Fly N By
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: Lower unit problem today

We was trying to put up pitcures but no go on them yet . pictures are a million words . and thank you .

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post