Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

CMC jackplate pump motor?

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
Varigeo
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

CMC jackplate pump motor?

When I bought my boat the jackplate hydraulics worked but were slow. I got it to go up once and after that it would only go down. The switch was in bad shape so I replaced it. Its now just blowing fuses. I ohmed the wires and they are checking out ok. Im thinking the motor is bad. There lies the problem its a CMC DCH-2500 pump which I found have been discontinued for a good while. I couldnt seem to find a replacement for this. Have any of you guys had any luck with letting a starter or alternator shop rebuild one with any luck?

YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: CMC jackplate pump motor?

I had the same problem but it was on a hydraulic engine hatch. It would go up but wouldn't come down. Troubleshooting found to be bad electric motor on pump. Local shop is rebuilding as we speak, going to save me couple hundred bucks that a new pump and motor would cost. The guy at the shop said easy fix, I'll let you know if he was right.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
81 vector....complete restore....1991 7 pedal 200 slightly modded
ALWAYS under construction

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE8wWZsFpw

Topic Author
Varigeo
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Yeah it sounds like your on the right track. I just dropped mine off at an electronics guy and he took it apart while I was there and tested some stuff and actually got it running with the top of the motor loose. The sec you tighten it back up it quits and shorts out again . He said hes gunna rip the whole thing apart and see whats up and let me know. CMC got back to my email they sell a motor that will adapt to the 2500 but with no warranty or tech support for $180.

beavertonae-21
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I have the same plate with a remote bobs machine pump. I think its the same as a merc trim pump. mounted inside the transome with remote lines, plate is really fast, works great.They are great plates in my opinion.

Steve

Topic Author
Varigeo
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Well my alternator repair shop came through and got the motor working for $20 so hopefully it will last a little longer now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post