Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Winch Hook

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
dan twiford
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Winch Hook

Was wondering if anyone who owns a Stream has had a winch hook on the front of the boat get loose. I own a 81 Vulture and the hook is loose. I removed the base for the plug in light pole and was able to get to one of the nuts. Unfortunately the nut at the top of of the hook has vibrated off completely. I see no way to get to the top nut to install a new one. Don't want to cut the nose of the deck to get to it.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks,Dan Twiford
1981 Vulture powered by a Merc 225

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Winch Hook

I had to sawsall the old one off of my vking and bought a repacement and had a skinny guy climb up there to mark where to
cut the top stud. Installed with large stainless washers. the top stud had to be tightened with a 12 point box end wrench. It's tight up there. West maine had the exact replacement. Hope this helps!
Rick. :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

I need to replace/fix the one on my vulture also and I have been wondering how tyo go about it. Looks like someone butchered mine and tried to replace it but didnt due such a good job. lol
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

bbvector
The new guy
The new guy

Mine was loose when I got my boat . I didn't eat for a week HaHa. Then I was able to squeez within arms reach. I also pulled a seat to make it easyer to start this confined space operation.

eelrev
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I was able to tighten the one on my vegas by removing the bow light and using universal joints anthe the right extensions I got on both nuts to tighten them up it must have worked they haven't come loose since.

Topic Author
dan twiford
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks for the ideas everyone...unfortuneley I could not access the top nut, tried extensions, universals etc. with no luck. I ultimately had to screw up my deck and drill a 3/4 hole right over the shank large enough to get a 9/16 slim body socket on the new nut...fixed it and am going to find a 3/4 snap in plastic plug to cover the hole. Sounds like another common problem with Streams. Too bad they didn't dab a little loc tight or resin on the threads before they mated the deck...???
1981 Vulture powered by a Merc 225

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post