Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

new to fourms having a problem with my trim

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
boostingpsi
The new guy
The new guy

new to fourms having a problem with my trim

hey guys i wanna start off by saying hi and you guys have helped me with a lot so far with everything.. I have a 84' viper with a small 100 merc I just got it in the water yesterday it ran great, and today I got in the boat put the trim all the way down got on it and trimmed up the boat ran great again but when i went to trim back down it did not do anything it only wants to go up. i played with wires and all but i dont think it a loose wire maybe an air lock? please help thank you guys

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: new to fourms having a problem with my trim

Welcome to the forums.

If there are two wires going into the trim pump motor, one blue and one green the one will be power and the other ground depending on witch way it was going positive to blue for up and green for down. If it's a three wire the black is ground and the blue, green are positive.
First check for power going to the motor in both directions. If there is power going up but not down it's most likely a bad solenoid.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

Re: new to fourms having a problem with my trim

I had a similar problem with my Evinrude trim.... Like 77 Viper said, the problem with mine was the solenoid. To test, I simply swapped the two solenoids. As soon as I did that, it would trim down but not trim up (the opposite as before the swap). Good luck

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post