Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Duratec is Great!!!

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

Duratec is Great!!!

I finally got around to spraying the topside of the Viper this week (I did the bottom last year this time). We have a 5 month old daughter, so that slowed me down a bit. I shot it with white gel mixed 50/50 with Duratec using a Harbor Freight 2.0mm tip HVLP gun. Wow, it really works great! I have horrible/no painting technique and it still came out well. The only issues were 1) I sprayed it outside, late afternoon which means lots of bugs, and 2) my water separator wan't working aparently because I kept getting water drops on the boat. That being said, it still came out great. I tried wet sanding a small area yesterday and it is coming out good. It's going to take a little more wet sadning then it should because of again, my poor technique and the fact that the lighting was getting bad as I was shooting it. It really is a great product though. In my opinion, I would recommend using it instead of paint if you're just looking for a single color. I'll post some pics once I complete the wet sanding.

Chris

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post