Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

need help holes in my boat

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
GLH V-KING
The new guy
The new guy

need help holes in my boat

Hey guy's so Iv just bought my first hydrostream. its a 79 vking that needs allot of work, most of the work is simple core and floor work but before I get to that I must fix some holes . There are 6 holes in the boat that are about 1/4 ''in size, and all the holes are in a 1.5 foot area. So my question is can I repair the holes and have the repair areas overlapping each other or should I cut out that section and replace it

steve3340
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: need help holes in my boat

I was looking at a Vegas with a section that was delaminated with a pretty big hole. Joe at Merton's told me to do a good patch on the inside then feather out the edges on the outside so there would be less cosmetic work. I would figure it would be best to do the same.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

steve3340
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Oh then I was going to lay up some glass on the outside to make a good bond to the outside and to fill in the hole . Then finish it off. It made sense to me. I'm sure there are many different ways to fix holes. I would be interested myself for some other opinions.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Topic Author
GLH V-KING
The new guy
The new guy

ok thank you

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post